Having served on both sides of the editorial desk, Megan is able to apply an editor’s toolbox of tricks to every writing project. She has managed editorial for both print and online publications, and through this work gained proficiency in tools including WordPress, Dreamweaver, Real Magnet, AWeber, Informz, Krang and Drupal, as well as several proprietary websites.
A partial list of editorial experience includes:
- Health Care Institute, An IFMA Alliance Partner
- From 2015 through 2018, Megan served as site editor for HCI, responsible for growing the institute’s media presence. In this role she has blogged and grown the organization’s presence through its LinkedIn group as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
- APC magazine:
- From 2016 through 2019, Megan served as editor of the bimonthly print magazine for painting contractors and digital platform. During her tenure with APC, Megan helped the magazine refocus its content approach to better connect the magazine with digital offerings, develop an engaged reader community, and provide more targeted content that solved specific reader pain points.
- From 2013 until the publication was sold in 2016, Megan served as associate editor of this weekly ezine for health care operations personnel. In addition to producing two features each month, Megan recruited expert columnists, selected news stories of note, and led social media growth.
- Key Communications
- Between 2007 and 2012, Megan served as editor for Key’s flagship publication USGlass, a monthly B2B magazine for the commercial glass industry. In that role Megan held responsibility for researching and writing original features, recruiting expert columnists and bloggers, managing the daily USGNN.com newsletter and working closely with designers for layout. Additional duties included the launch of and creation of content for the USGlass Monthly Newscast and management and growth of social media profiles.
- Megan also led the editorial launch of two Key publications, Mold & Moisture Management magazine (2004-2007) and Solar Glazing (2010-2012), and has served as guest editor for AGRR Magazine for the automotive glass industry and Window Film.
- Workplace HR & Safety
- In producing these two monthly newsletters from 2012 until the publications were sold in 2016, Megan was responsible for connecting with industry experts for columns, as well producing original content and culling online resources for industry news of note.
- While serving as site editor for this consumer resource from 2012 through 2014, Megan managed a team of freelance writers, editing their write-ups on brands and equipment for clarity and accuracy. She also led an SEO overhaul of existing articles, bringing the site up-to-date and improving content quality.